There are many different channels of digital marketing that are worth pursuing depending on what your auto repair shop’s marketing goals are. However, choosing just one is generally a mistake. This is because the more channels you use, the more effective your overall campaign will be. One of the reasons for this is because these digital marketing become more effective when they are used in conjunction with one another. The following are the five digital marketing channels that you should be using to effectively market your auto repair business:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Search engine optimization is all about optimizing your website so that it obtains a high ranking on Google’s search engine results page (SERP). The higher you appear on Google’s SERP, the more exposure your site has and the more web traffic it will receive. Some of the factors that Google uses to determine search rankings include the use of strong, relevant keywords, the quantity and quality of your external links, the freshness of your content and the social signals of your pages (likes, shares and comments, which are achieved with the help of social media marketing).
- Content Marketing – Google bases its entire search ranking algorithm on identifying the quality of a website’s content. This means that you should create a blog and regularly post new content in the form of written articles, images, videos and more. Good quality content can then be optimized using relevant keywords in order to draw traffic. The better your content is, the more likely you are to capture your leads. Not to mention that good content is more regularly shared on social media and linked to from external sources. All of this can lead to the strengthening of your brand authority.
- Social Media Marketing – Establishing a base of followers on social media and engaging with them on a regular basis will make it easier to boost the exposure of your content. This is because they’ll be more likely to share, like or comment on your content, which helps to increase its exposure and could lead to more web traffic and lead captures.
- Email Marketing – Email marketing is not only a great way to nurture the leads you’ve captured (in part helped by the marketing efforts over other channels), but also to build the relationship you have with actual customers. The last thing you want is for them to forget you exist, so sending out regular emails will keep you in their mind. It’s also an effective way to drive traffic back to your blog (just because someone has signed up to your email newsletters doesn’t necessarily mean they read your blog regularly).
- Pay Per Click Advertising – Pay per click advertising is more cost effective than you might think. Basically, you choose a keyword, create an ad and then bid a price for each click. If someone does a search using your keyword, there’s a chance the ad shows up on their SERP. However, you’re not paying for visibility – you’re paying for actual clicks, which means you pay for the results only. Not only is this a good way to drive traffic to your site and to promote certain things (like new products, special promotions or even your content), but it’s also a great way to test out new keywords before you use them to optimize your site.
These are the five most important digital marketing channels that you should be sure to use. A digital marketing agency will help you to create a marketing plan that implements all five of these channels to ensure that your online marketing efforts are successful.